Red Spring Sangria Recipe
A festive warm weather cocktail that is easy to make (and even better to drink). — Allison Beck
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 sliced thin
- 3 oranges, cut into quarter moons
- 2 apples, thinly sliced into half moons
- ¾ cup caster or superfine sugar
- 3 bottle of inexpensive red wine (I like Rioja or Tempranillo)
- 1 ½ cups brandy
- ½ cup Grand Marnier
- 1 ½ liters of sparkling water or seltzer
Combine fruit and sugar in a large bowl and allow it to sit (or macerate) for about 10 minutes. Add wine and liqueurs, stir, and let it sit overnight for the best flavor infusion.
Add the seltzer water, in batches, to achieve your preferred amount of fizziness, just before serving (it shouldn’t feel bubbly like Champagne, just nice, crisp, and refreshing). Serve in wine glasses or Collins glasses, with ice.