Easy and filling, this one-pot meal pairs flavorful chicken sausage with creamy red lentils and tender cauliflower. Perfectly filling for the fall, serve with naan for easy scooping.
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 Cup red lentils, picked through, rinsed, and drained
- 12 Ounces cooked chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon brown mustard
- One 16-ounce package frozen cauliflower, thawed and drained
- 2 Cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 7 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate and set aside.
Return pot to medium heat, add mustard seeds and toast, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add broth and scrape up any browned bits. Add lentils and cauliflower, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and simmer until mixture is creamy and lentils are very tender, about 10 minutes more. Stir in salt and browned sausage and serve.