For a gourmet twist, substitute lean ground lamb for the turkey.
- 1 Pound lean ground turkey
- 1.5 Tablespoons Zoë’s Spice of Life seasoning
- 8 whole-wheat pitas
- 1 pint Zoë’s Hummus
- 8 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Kalamata olives
- 8 Tablespoons roasted red pepper strips
- 8 Tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 4 Tablespoons chopped scallions, green parts only
Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and seasoning and cook until turkey is no longer pink. Drain any excess grease from the pan.
Heat the pitas on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
Place pitas on individual plates. Top each pita with 2 heaping tablespoons of Zoë’s Hummus and spread evenly over pita.
Top each pita with 2 to 3 tablespoons cooked ground turkey, 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese, ½ tablespoon Kalamata olives, 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper strips, 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes, and ½ tablespoon chopped scallions.
Using a pizza cutter, slice each pita into 4 wedge-shaped pieces and enjoy.