Zesty Dill Potato Salad
Forget traditional potato salads, heavy with mayo and salt. This dish highlights the natural beauty of perfectly cooked red potatoes with a light dressing of balsamic vinegar and dill so you can enjoy the potassium-packed potatoes as a healthful side dish as your next cookout.
- 1 Pound medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 Cup chopped scallions
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground white or black pepper, to taste
Boil potatoes in salted water in a saucepan until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut into approximately 1/2-inch slices. Place in a serving bowl.
Sprinkle the potatoes with balsamic vinegar, white-wine vinegar, and oil, tossing gently to coat. Add red and green bell peppers, scallions, dill, and pepper and toss gently to mix. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve at room temperature.