- 1 pound bratwurst sausages, casing removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/12 cups milk
- 1 cup beer, such as Miller (headquartered in Milwaukee)
- 1 package McCormick Pork Gravy Mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cheese curds or shredded white Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage on medium-high heat until browned. Drain fat. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
In the same large skillet, melt butter on medium heat. Sprinkle with flour. Cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually stir in milk, beer, and Gravy Mix with whisk until smooth. Stirring constantly, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
Gradually stir in shredded cheese until melted and smooth. Stir in cooked sausage. Spoon into 9-inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese curds.
Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with soft pretzel bites or pretzel chips.