Wild Alaska Salmon and Avocado Salad
This easy and quick salad is a great way to use leftover cooked salmon. Serve a spoonful atop a green salad with crispbread or large whole-grain crackers.
- 1 Pound wild Alaska salmon fillets or steaks, poached, grilled, or broiled, and cooled
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons capers
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as dill, basil, parsley, tarragon and/or chives
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Break the cooked salmon into chunks in a bowl. Gently toss with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve with lemon wedges.