Fish & Vegis en Papillote with Tarragon Butter - REAL FOOD Healing Recipe from Mee Tracy McCormick
Even French classic recipes from way back when can be adjusted into REAL FOOD healing recipes. This recipe holds strong to those rich French flavors while cutting out those classic fats. Tarragon is very common in French recipes and is loaded with antioxidants, which protect our healthy blood cells from attack. Tarragon also aids in digestion, helping to absorb all of the nutrients found in that food.
Classic French recipes might seem intimidating but don't shy away! "En Papillote" simply means, cooked in parchment paper. Each piece of fish is wrapped up like a little present for all to unwrap at the dinner table. Kids love getting this surprise for dinner!
- 12 Sprigs of Tarragon, leafs no stems, minced
- 1/4 Pound soy-free Earth Balance OR Vegenaise OR goat butter
- 1 Clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest
- 2 Teaspoons lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Large carrots, julienned
- 1 Large leek, julienned
- 2 Cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 Small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 Tablespoon organic olive oil
- 4 Small to medium pieces of Salmon or Halibut (5-6 ounces)