White Bean Spread with Crispy Sage & Pomegranate Seeds
Place one crispy sage leaf on each Pretzel Crisp, add a dollop of white bean spread & top with pomegranate seeds.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 16-ounce can cannellini beans, strained & rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 scallions, rinsed & minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pomegranate, halved and seeded
- 14 fresh sage leaves (12 for sautéing, 2 for white bean puree)
- 12 Original Pretzel Crisps
Add butter and olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add sage leaves (soft side down). Cook for about 30 seconds on each side or until slightly brown. Remove and pace onto paper towel. Sprinkle with salt immediately. Set aside.
Purée cannellini beans, garlic, 2 sage leaves, lemon juice & scallions in a food processor Add salt & pepper to taste.