White Bean, Lemon, and Kale Soup
This hearty and delicious soup is guaranteed to warm you up on a cold winter’s night. Using convenience products like broth and canned beans allows you to have this vegetarian wonder ready in just 40 minutes. Plus, you’ll get a spoonful of comfort in every bite!
If you love kale then you should also try kale smoothies. Trust us you’ll want to drink these.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 Cup kale leaves, chopped
- 3 Ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Cups broth, such as Swanson® vegetable broth or Swanson® certified organic vegetable broth
- 1 can (about fifteen ounces) white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
Heat the oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and thyme and cook and stir for 1 minute.
Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the kale and mushrooms to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes or until the kale is wilted, stirring occasionally. Stir in the broth and beans and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lemon juice. Season to taste.