- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup whiskey
- 2 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 six-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- Kosher salt, to taste
Combine everything but salmon and salt in a large Tupperware container. Whisk until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Add salmon and seal tight. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Add salmon fillets to grill and discard marinade.
Cook salmon for 6 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
If desired, plate salmon and add a sprinkle of salt to each fillet.