The sweet and mineral combination of the oysters with the tart and salty of the cranberry mignonette cleans your palate each time, making room for a second or third (or fourth) round.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Liam Luttrell-Rowland of Spindler’s in Provincetown, Massachusetts, member of the Ocean Spray Cranberry Chef Collective.
- 1/2 Cup Cava, Champagne, or dry Prosecco
- 1/2 Cup fresh Ocean Spray cranberries
- 1 Cup French white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon finely diced shallot
- 2 dozen shucked oysters on the half shell
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the sparkling wine, cranberries, and vinegar and pulse until the cranberries are broken down, but still have bits of texture.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Spoon a bit of the sauce over shucked fresh oysters and enjoy.