Watermelon Salad with Mint and Queso Fresco
Watermelon, even though it's one of the sweeter fruits out there, works incredibly well in savory applications. In this light and refreshing salad, it's partnered with a host of savory ingredients: mint, parsley, corn, queso fresco, onions, vinegar, and a couple of twists of fresh cracked black pepper. It's bright and summery and is a perfect complement to any backyard barbecue.
- 8 Ounces diced watermelon
- 1/4 Cup corn kernels
- 1/8 Cup diced red onion
- 1/8 Cup chopped parsley
- 1/8 Cup chopped mint
- 1/4 Cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.