Watermelon, even though it's one of the sweeter fruits out there, works incredibly well in savory applications. In this light and refreshing salad, it's partnered with a host of savory ingredients: mint, parsley, corn, queso fresco, onions, vinegar, and a couple of twists of fresh cracked black pepper. It's bright and summery and is a perfect complement to any backyard barbecue.
- 8 Ounces diced watermelon
- 1/4 Cup corn kernels
- 1/8 Cup diced red onion
- 1/8 Cup chopped parsley
- 1/8 Cup chopped mint
- 1/4 Cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.