Watermelon Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Learn how to make Salt Creek Grille Princeton's refreshing summertime Watermelon Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette!
- 6 Ounces Blended Oil
- 2 Ounces Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Pound Shallots, chopped
- 1 Ounce Honey
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Pinch of Kosher Salt to taste
- 1 Pinch of Black Pepper to taste
- 16 Ounces Red Watermelon, cut into one inch cubes
- 4 Ounces Cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into half moons
- 4 Ounces Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 Ounce Arugula
- 1 Ounce Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 Ounce Basil, chiffonade
Add all ingredients except the oil blend to the blender. Puree the mixture then, slowly pour in the oil, crating an emulsion.
Using a wide plate, line the center with the arugula. Place the cucumber and watermelon down the center as well. Drizzle the dressing over the top and garnish with crumbled feta and fresh basil.