Watermelon and Strawberry Salad with Chile Vinaigrette
This sweet and spicy fruit salad makes a refreshing side dish with a summer meal. The salt and chile balance the sweetness of the fruit and provide the perfect savory note.
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Thai or serrano chile pepper, chopped finely
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 Cups diced (1-inch) seedless watermelon
- 4 Cups strawberries, hulled and halved
In a large bowl, whisk together the onion, lime juice, salt, to taste, chile, and cilantro. Drizzle in the oil while continuing to whisk constantly. Add the watermelon and strawberries and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.