- 4 Cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 Cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 egg whites, whipped until light and frothy
- 1 Cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- Edible flowers such as pansies, geraniums, or marigolds, for garnish
- 1-2 Cup Greek yogurt, for parfait
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Combine thte oats, chopped nuts, ground ginger, and sea salt in a large bowl. Toss well so that the ingredients are well mixed. Pour the oil into the bowl, following by the agave nectar. Mix well with a spatula until all of the ingredients are combined.
Add the whipped egg whites to the bowl and toss the mixture to coat.
Spread the granola onto a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes. Make sure to toss granola every 8-10 minutes during the baking process to evenly cook.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle the crystallized ginger over the hot granola. Stir quickly then allow granola to cool completely for several hours.
Spoon the Greek yogurt into a glass parfait cup. Top with the granola and garnish with an edible flower.