If you like your vegetables cooked more, add them in before the chicken.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, such as Vita Coco
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ½ Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 organic green pepper, diced
- 1 8-ounce package button mushrooms, diced
- 4 organic scallions (green onions) sliced, greens and whites
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free tamari
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves detached, rinsed, and dried
Heat the oil in a skillet, and then add the ginger and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes.
Add the chicken and crushed red pepper, and cook until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the green bell pepper and mushrooms, and sauté 2 to 3 more minutes.
Add the scallion in last with the tamari and season with salt.
Serve in lettuce leaves (as a cup or wrap).