Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cook the prepped ingredients for these easy chicken wraps in a super-hot sauté pan or wok. Add in whatever other vegetables you have on hand like baby corn or sliced bok choy. Recipe courtesy of Vita Coco.
If you like your vegetables cooked more, add them in before the chicken.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, such as Vita Coco
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ½ Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 organic green pepper, diced
- 1 8-ounce package button mushrooms, diced
- 4 organic scallions (green onions) sliced, greens and whites
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free tamari
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves detached, rinsed, and dried
Heat the oil in a skillet, and then add the ginger and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes.
Add the chicken and crushed red pepper, and cook until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the green bell pepper and mushrooms, and sauté 2 to 3 more minutes.
Add the scallion in last with the tamari and season with salt.
Serve in lettuce leaves (as a cup or wrap).