- 1/2 Cup natural peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 Teaspoons hot pepper oil (optional)
- 1/3 to 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons cold-pressed canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 Pound bag mixed frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 2 Cups prepared brown rice
First make the peanut sauce my combining the peanut butter, honey, tamari, rice vinegar, grated gingerroot, and hot pepper oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk together until smooth.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add frozen stir fry vegetables to skillet and cook, stirring, until starting to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in half the peanut sauce and fresh cilantro, if using.
To serve, divide brown rice between serving bowls and top with vegetables and remaining peanut sauce, as desired. Garnish with chopped peanuts.