- 1 Cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 16-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung dry
- 1 14.5-ounce can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the cashews in a food processor and process until the nuts reach a mealy consistency. With the motor running, slowly add in the olive oil.
In a large pan set over medium heat, cook the spinach until heated through. Wring out in a clean dish towel to remove any excess liquid.
Add the warm spinach, artichokes, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, and some salt and pepper to the food processor and pulse until combined. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve warm or at room temperature.