- 1 2/3 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2/3 Cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup canned coconut milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil, plus more for greasing, melted
- 1 3/4 Cup zucchini, freshly grated
- 2/3 Cups dark chocolate chips, tossed in a little flour
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9”x5” loaf pan with coconut oil, and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, flaked coconut, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a small bowl, stir together the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and coconut extract.
Add the coconut milk to the dry ingredients, and stir together. Stir in the melted coconut oil. Once combined, stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
Bake for 65-75 minutes, until the center is set. The cake may sink slightly in the center, even if it is cooked through.