- 1 flax egg (2 tablespoons water plus 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal)
- 2 Cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 Teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/3 Cup sugar, such as Truvia, or 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Cups almond milk
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup blueberries
- 1/3 Cup pecans
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the flax egg and let it sit for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk the coconut oil, vanilla, milk, and flax egg. Add the oat mixture to a 9-inch round baking dish.
Pour the milk mixture over the oats. Place the apple in the middle over the oat mixture and scatter the blueberries and pecans.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden and the oats have set. I placed mine under the broiler for an extra 3-5 minutes.