Test Kitchen Tip: Use crisp, sweet-tart apples such as Braeburn, Empire or Jonagold.
- 1 medium butternut squash, (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, cut into thin wedges (1 cup)
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 Teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick® Ground Pepper Black
- 2 unpeeled apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Toss squash and onion in large bowl.
Mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and pepper in small bowl until well blended.
Pour over squash mixture; toss to coat well.
Arrange in single layer on foil-lined large shallow baking pan.
Bake 15 minutes.
Add apples; toss to mix well.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until squash and apples are tender.