- 1 Pound chicken cutlets, sliced lengthwise
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- Salsa, for topping
- Sour cream, for topping
- Mexican cheese blend, shredded, for topping
- Cilantro, for garnish
In a bowl, season the chicken with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, and spices; set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, onions, and pepper to a skillet on medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until onions and peppers are softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add chicken to the same skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Return the onion and peppers to the skillet and stir for about 2 more minutes.
As the peppers and onions are warming back up in the skillet, warm the tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds.
To assemble: Place two warm tortillas on a plate and top with chicken, onion, and pepper mixture. You can add salsa, sour cream, cilantro and Mexican cheese to top.