- 2 Pounds bulk Italian sausage, spicy or sweet
- 8 Ounces jar sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped, undrained
- 2 sixteen-ounce cans beans, such as BUSH’S garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 sixteen-ounce cans beans, such as BUSH’S cannellini beans, drained
- 1 sixteen-ounce can beans, such as BUSH'S great northern beans, drained
- 1 sixteen-ounce can beans, such as BUSH'S navy beans, drained
- 2 Tablespoons chicken base
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 Cup cider vinegar
- 4 Cups chopped kale leaves, tightly packed
- 8 Ounces tomato paste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Cup pasta, such as dry Stelline (stars) pasta
- Crusty bread, for serving
In stockpot or Dutch oven, crumble and brown the sausage. Add the tomatoes and oil, the canned beans, the chicken base, water, vinegar, and kale.
Gently stir in the tomato paste and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes until kale is softened.
Add pasta and cook for 15 minutes. Add additional salt or vinegar as desired to create a bright, flavorful broth.
Serve with crusty bread for sopping.