Take your tuna salad sandwich to the next level with Tessemae’s spin on this classic sandwich. It’s reminiscent of traditional tuna salad with mayonnaise and mustard, but packs a sweet and savory twist with dried cranberries, chopped pecans, and a pinch of fennel seeds. On a carb-free diet? Try serving the tuna salad over greens or inside a halved avocado.
Make ahead: The tuna salad will keep up to 2 days, refrigerated.
- 2 cans (or 10 ounces) tuna fish
- ½ Cup diced cucumber
- 2 scallions
- ¼ Cup dried cranberries
- ¼ Cup pecans, chopped
- ½ Cup mayonnaise, such as Tessemae’s
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch fennel seed (optional)
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salad greens, avocado, sandwich wrap, or bread for serving
- Balsamic vinegar, such as Tessemae’s, for serving
Drain the tuna and add it to a bowl. Toss it with the cucumber, scallions, dried cranberries, pecans, mayo, mustard, and fennel seed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with salad greens, in a halved avocado, or in a sandwich with the balsamic.