- 6 Cups chicken stock
- 1 Teaspoon crushed black peppercorn, or more to taste
- 1 Teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 Cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 6 Ounces cod, ruffe, castfish, or other fish, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
In a large pot, heat the chicken stock, black pepper, salt, and bay leaf on medium-high, and bring the stock to a boil. Add the potato, turnip, onion, celery, and carrots to the pot. Cook the vegetables for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and add the fish. Continue to cook until the fish is cooked through, another 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the parsley, dill, and lemon juice. Cook for a minute longer. Adjust the seasonings, and serve.