Put a spin on this year’s Thanksgiving spread by introducing exciting, bold, island-inspired flavors to the dinner table courtesy of Milaidhoo Island Maldives. Available at its Ba’theli Restaurant & Lounge over the holiday, the resort is sharing its recipes for those who can’t make it to the Asian country for the feast. Ba’theli is the first modern Maldivian restaurant in the Maldives.
- 1/3 Cup onion, sliced
- 2 pieces fresh mini chili, sliced (the spiciness as you desire)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 pieces whole curry leaves, sliced
- 2 pieces whole Rampa leaves (pandan leaves)
- 2/3 Cups thick coconut milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 Cups chicken stock
- salt to taste
In a medium saucepan, sautée onion and garlic, curry leaves, rampa leaves, and chili until onion softens. Add turmeric and cumin powder and chicken stock. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add fresh coconut milk and salt to taste.