- Salt and pepper, to taste
- One 9-ounce package fresh cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 Cup broccoli florets
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
Bring a large pot of salted water to a gentle boil. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions and drain. In a separate small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Set up an ice bath. Blanch the broccoli florets, transfer to the ice bath, and drain.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add the bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the tortellini, broccoli, and cooked vegetable mixture and toss well.
Chill before serving.