Todd Wilbur's Version of KFC Original Seasoning
This brine and seasoning recipe is as close to the KFC Original as you can get. Whether you're making fried chicken or seasoning protein, these steps will ensure you get the tender and juicy meat that you crave.
This recipe was adapted from Todd Wilbur’s version of KFC® Original Recipe Fried Chicken.
- 2 Teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground savory
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
To make the seasoning, combine all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Dredge protein well in spice combination and let sit for at least an hour before frying, baking, or sautéing.