Tex-Mex London Broil with Mango-Lime Salsa Recipe
You can't go wrong with barbecued steak. This recipe for Tex-Mex London Broil gives a delicious dish a twist of mango-lime salsa.
- 2 Cups diced fresh mango
- 3 Tablespoons minced white onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, grated
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/4 Pound London broil (1-1½ inches thick, unseasoned)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Season both sides of the London broil with salt and pepper. Rub the brown sugar mixture all over both sides of the meat. At this point, the steak can be marinated in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Brush the oil all over a stove-top grill pan, outdoor grill, or griddle and pre-heat to mediumhigh. Add the meat to the hot pan or grill and cook for 7–8 minutes per side for medium. Remove the meat from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing crosswise into ¼-inch thick strips.
Serve the steak slices with the mango salsa spooned over the top.