Teriyaki Beef-Noodle Soup
Just 20 minutes of prep work, and you'll be ready to plug in your slow cooker for a broth-based soup that's richly seasoned with ginger. Use curly dried Chinese egg noodles, rather than rice sticks or rice noodles, for easier serving.
- 1 Pound beef stir-fry strips
- Two 14-ounce cans beef broth
- 2 Cups water
- 2 medium-sized red or green sweet peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- One 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 -6 ounces dried Chinese noodles
- Scallions, cut into thin strips (optional)
In a 3 ½- or 4-quart slow cooker combine the beef, beef broth, water, sweet peppers, water chestnuts, scallions, soy sauce, ginger, and black pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Turn off the cooker and stir in the noodles. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, top with scallion strips.