- 3/4 Pounds dried rice noodles
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese sesame paste or tahini
- 1 Tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 Teaspoons minced garlic
- Chili-garlic paste, to taste
- 1/2 Pound cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Handful chopped fresh herbs, such as mint and cilantro, for garnish
Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well. Drizzle with a tiny splash of toasted sesame oil to keep them from sticking.
Whisk sesame paste and peanut butter in a small bowl. Whisk in soy sauce, rice vinegar, remaining sesame oil, sugar, ginger, garlic, and chile-garlic paste until smooth. Adjust flavors to taste.
Toss sauce with cold noodles. Serve topped with cucumber, peanuts, and herbs.