• The scallops make an elegant starter. Or, for an entrée, toss some of the pesto with hot cooked
pasta and top with cooked scallops.
• Extra pesto can be stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Use the pesto as
a condiment for grilled chicken, sausages or as a sandwich spread.
- 2 Cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 Cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 Teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 Pound sea scallops
- 4 slices proscuitto
1. Combine the basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse
until finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil until well combined; set
2. Pat each scallop dry with a paper towel. Cut each slice of prosciutto into 4 long strips. Wrap
a strip of prosciutto around each scallop and secure with a toothpick.
3. Turn the OptiGrill on. Select the "fish" program and press "ok". Once the purple indicator light has
stopped flashing, place the scallops on the grill and close the lid.
4. Cook until the indicator light has changed to orange. Top each scallop with a dollop of pesto
and a few additional pine nuts.