Include this traditional sweet potato pie on your holiday dessert table. Or serve as a side dish like it’s done in the South. With slightly spicy ground nutmeg, sweet cinnamon and pure vanilla extract, this sweet potato pie enjoys a creamy flavor thanks to evaporated milk and butter.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 2 Pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 frozen unbaked deep dish pie crust , 9-inch
Place sweet potatoes in medium saucepan. Add water to cover.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place sweet potatoes in large bowl.
Mash with potato masher.
Add remaining ingredients except pie crust; mix well.
Pour filling into pie crust.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire rack.