Depending on how big or small your potatoes are, the 8 cups of chicken broth could either be too much or too little. For the perfect amount, make sure the broth covers the veggies by about half an inch.
- 8 Cups chicken broth
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium works best)
- 1 Cup dry brown or green lentils (rinsed)
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1 Teaspoon basil
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Cups kale
Put all ingredients into the slow cooker except for the kale.
Set the slow cooker to high, cook for four hours.
In the last half hour, add the kale and give it a slight stir. This is to prevent it from getting too soggy.