Sweet Potato Gratin
Just because the holidays are approaching doesn’t mean you have to gain weight. Lighten up the traditional potato gratin while retaining flavor by using spray oil and chicken stock.
Recipe is courtesy of Slimming World.
- Spray oil
- 2 Pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Pound russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or white sweet onion, thinly slices and separated into rings
- 1/2 Teaspoon teaspoon fresh nutmeg, grated
- 1/4 Cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Lightly spray a 2– 2 1/2-quart baking dish with spray oil.
In baking dish, arrange half the sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, and onion.
Season with salt and black pepper, and half the nutmeg.
Repeat to make another layer.
Drizzle broth over potato mixture.
Cover tightly with foil and bake, covered, for 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Uncover and increase heat to 475 degrees F.
Roast 10–15 minutes more, or until top is nicely browned and potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
Let stand 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley before serving.