Sweet & Crunchy Brussels Sprouts-Apple Slaw
This recipe sheds a whole new light on Brussels sprouts — utilizing their texture to create a crunchy slaw and adding the bright and tangy flavors of apples to the mix.
- 1/2 Pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 Pound green cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 4 red crisp apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1/2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.