For a very healthy and delicious dessert, try this beet berry parfait, which combines beets, coconut, strawberries, and goji berries for a nutrient-packed, parfait that still provides that little bit of sweetness we all crave.
For more recipes like this one visit Project Juice Test Kitchen.
You can find young Thai coconut at most large Asian Markets, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and other grocers. Not sure how to open? We love YouTube! Just do a quick search and you’ll find videos about how to open them and remove the meat. If you don’t have coconut meat you can substitute banana.
For the coconut super beet berry cream:
- 3/4 Cups coconut water
- 1 Cup packed coconut young coconut meat
- 1/2 Cup fresh or frozen strawberries (no sugar added)
- 1/4 Cup beet juice
- 1 Tablespoon goji berries (optional addition for added nutrition)
For the garnish:
- 1/4 Cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 Teaspoon dried coconut, shredded
- drizzle of honey