- 24 Ounces Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links
- 9 eggs
- 3 Cups milk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 30 Ounces frozen country-style hash browns, thawed
- 2 Cups Four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 Cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Salsa or picante sauce, to taste (optional)
Arrange the sausages on an ungreased 15-by-10-by-1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, turning links once, or until the sausages are cooked through and lightly browned. Drain the excess grease from the pan and allow the links to cool slightly. Slice the sausages into quarter-inch coins.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and seasonings together. Add the sausage, hash browns, cheese, bell pepper, and onions to the egg mixture. Pour everything into a greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees F for 65 to 70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa or picante sauce.