- 3 Cups chopped summer fruit, such as peeled and pitted peaches or nectarines, strawberries, or pitted cherries
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 Cup crushed vanilla wafers or ginger snaps
- 2 rolled out 9-inch crusts
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a floured surface, roll out the dough until about 1/8-inches thick. Cut the dough into 12 (5-inch) circles, rerolling the dough as needed. In a medium bowl, toss together the fruit, sugar, and flour. (Do this just before filling the pies; if done too far in advance, the mixture can become too juicy. Use less or more sugar, as desired, depending on the fruit's natural sweetness.)
Working 1 at a time, spoon some filling into the center of a circle of dough; brush the edges with water. Fold over into a half-moon and crimp the edges to seal. Brush the top with heavy cream, sprinkle with the cookie crumbs and bake on a large, parchment-paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, or about 35 minutes.