Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms with Black Bean Salsa
Make a double batch of this lively black bean salsa and enjoy in all sorts of ways in addition to stuffing vegetables. For example, try it as a topping for green salads, poultry, or fish, or blended with whole-grain rice.
- 1 Cup no-salt-added canned black beans
- 12 low-sodium canned or frozen artichoke bottoms, such as Ruby or Green Giant
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro or dill
- 3 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 Cup diced tomatoes
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the artichoke bottoms. Toss well until evenly mixed. Chill the salsa in the refrigerator. Then, fill each artichoke bottom with salsa.