February 5, 2015
- 4 Ounces vodka
- 2 limes, juiced plus extra for garnishing
- 1 Ounce strawberry puree
- 1 12 ounce can ginger beer
- 4 mint leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- Start by adding 1 cup of hulled and halved strawberries to a small saucepan with 1/3 cup water. Bring to a boil. The mixture will get foamy and bubbly. Cook for 10-15 minutes on high heat until the strawberries have softened. Remove from the heat.
- To strain the strawberry mixture, pour the entire mixture into a sifter/strainer with a bowl underneath. Using a spatula, push the strawberry through the mesh until all that remains are seeds.
- To make the drinks, add ice cubes to your glass. I like to use the large ones because they melt slowly and keep your drink from getting watery.
- In your shaker, add the vodka, mint leaves, lime juice, and strawberry. Shake to combine.
- Now, add the ginger beer and, instead of shaking (because it’s carbonated and will explode — lesson learned), simply pour the mixture back and forth between glasses or just give it a good stir.
- Divide the drinks into the two glasses and serve. Garnish with a lime slice and extra mint leaves.