Regardless of your relationship status, the Hot Mess Kitchen Girls say everyone should have a fabulous steak recipe in their repertoire!
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped herbs (parsley, cilantro, rosemary, oregano, thyme)
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 boneless rib eye steak, 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches thich (18 - 20 ounce)
- salt and pepper
Make the compound butter
In a small bowl, stir together the butter, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper until completely mixed.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the steak
Heat a griddle or frying pan (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Brush it with a little olive oil.
Sprinkle the steak liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
Cook the steak for 4 to 4½ minutes on each side (longer to cook it past medium-rare).
After cooking, transfer the steak to a cutting board and top it with the compound butter.
Let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
Slice the steak and serve immediately.