- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Ounce lovage leaves, finely chopped
- Heavy cream, to serve
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a heavy-bottomed pan placed over medium-high heat, melt the butter. When it bubbles, reduce the heat and stir in the green and yellow onions. Fry until fragrant, about five minutes.
Pour in the chicken stock. Stir in the chopped potatoes. Simmer for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Stir in lovage and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
Remove from the heat and blend until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir in a spoonful of heavy cream, and serve.