- 1/4 Cup shucked fava beans
- 1 Cup kale
- 1/4 Cup shucked English peas
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 Cup spring onions, sliced
- 1/2 Cup fiddlehead ferns, cleaned
- 1/4 Cup fresh chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pinch of chopped parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and set up an ice bath. Blanch the fava beans, kale, and peas one at a time until tender and shock in the ice bath. Drain. Shell the fava beans once cool.
Heat the olive oil and garlic in a sauté pan over medium heat and sauté for 1 minute. Add the fava beans, kale, peas, spring onions, fiddlehead ferns, and chickpeas, increase the heat to medium-high, and sauté for about 2-3 minutes. Swirl in the butter and add the parsley.