Spinach Salad with Plums and Goat Cheese
The tanginess of Humboldt Fog gives additional flavor to this elegant salad. Feel free to substitute other stone fruit like peaches or nectarines for the plums.
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/8 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 Ounces baby spinach
- 3 plums, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 Ounces Humboldt Fog or other goat cheese, cumbled
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup tasted sliced almonds
In a large serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until vinaigrette thickens. Add spinach, plums, cheese, shallots, and almonds and toss gently until evenly coated.