- 5 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon honey
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- 8 fresh figs, halved
- 1 Pound spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 Cup pecan pieces, toasted
Combine 1/4 cup of the oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, and black pepper to make a dressing; set aside. Preheat grill. Rub figs all over with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, then grill, skin side up, over a medium-hot fire for 2 to 3 minutes.
Toss spinach, bell peppers, and onions with dressing in a large bowl. Transfer salad mixture to 4 plates, then sprinkle with feta and pecans. Place 4 pieces of grilled fig on each plate and serve.