- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1 1/2 cup cooked turkey, hand-torn into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cayenne, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cups Gruyère, grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika, for garnish
- 2 scallions, sliced finely, for garnish
Place the mashed potatoes in a large soup pot over medium heat and add the milk, heavy cream, and stock. Whisk gently to incorporate, but do not overwork. Add the turkey and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne, to taste. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat and finish by whisking in the butter.
To serve, put Gruyère in the bottom of a bowl and add soup. Garnish with a dusting of paprika and scallions.