Spicy Strawberry-Lime Salsa
There's nothing better than strawberries during the height of summer, and who's to say they can't be used for salsa, either? This recipe plays on all of the right notes: sweet, spicy, fresh, and citrusy, for a bright and refreshing summer salsa recipe.
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 Cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 2 Tablespoons sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.