Spicy Sesame Hummus
A Middle Eastern dip with an Asian flair that’s perfect to bring to potlucks. The hot chile oil adds a subtle spice and lemon juice brings a citrus tang to this zesty hummus.
This recipe comes to us from Lindsay of Cook. Vegan. Lover.
See all hummus recipes.
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 Tablespoon sesame chile oil
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 Cup tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut vegetables or pita bread, for serving
Place the chickpeas, sesame chile oil, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and tahini together in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Add ¼-1/3 cup of the reserved chickpea liquid until the hummus has reached the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with cut up veggies or pita bread.