- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh red chile, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 240 Grams peeled canned tomatoes
- Salt, to taste
- 200 Grams ridged penne
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Pecorino cheese, grated
Gently crush the tomatoes in a small bowl to break them up.
Set a pan over a medium heat, and add the olive oil. Add the chopped garlic and chile, and sauté for a couple of minutes until the garlic becomes golden.
Add the tomatoes, stir together, and season with salt. Simmer the sauce until it has reduced slightly, about 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, according to the package cooking times.
Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Stir well and let it cook in the sauce for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir through the parsley.
Serve topped with grated pecorino cheese.